Hefei University of Technology (simplified Chinese: 合肥工业大学; traditional Chinese: 合肥工業大學; pinyin: Hefei Gōngyè Dàxué) is a key university in China, with particular strength in Engineering and Management Science. Located in Hefei, the capital of the Anhui Province, it is also a Chinese state Double First Class University Plan university identified by the Ministry of Education.
|Motto||厚德、笃学、崇实、尚新pursuing virtue and knowledge, seeking truth and innovation|
|Campus||Urban, 3 Campus|
Hefei University of Technology is a national key university administrated directly by the Ministry of Education of P.R. China. It has been listed in major national initiatives seeking to enhance the international competitiveness of the top-tier universities in China such as Double First Class University Plan and former Project 211.
HFUT has four campuses, namely, Tunxilu, Lu’anlu, Feicuihu and Xuancheng, covering an area of about 3,417,390 m². The first three campuses are all located in Hefei, the provincial capital of Anhui, and the fourth in Xuancheng, a city about 194 kilometers away from Hefei.
Campuses in Hefei have 19 schools covering a wide range of fields with a strong focus on engineering science. The schools offer 82 undergraduate programs, 32 first-level disciples with authorization to confer master's degrees, 12 first-level disciples for doctoral programs as well as 12 post-doctoral programs. 4 disciplines are selected as national key disciplines, 28 provincial key disciplines. The university has 1 state key lab, 1 national engineering lab, 4 national university-industry joint engineering research centers and 46 research centers at the ministerial or provincial level as well as 1 national A-level architectural design and research institute. The campus in Xuancheng has 5 departments.
At present, HFUT enrolls 29,480 undergraduate students and 11,800 graduate students. It has made remarkable achievements in student education. Throughout the years, key disciplines, courses, textbooks, teaching and experiment centers, teaching staff of HFUT have won numerous awards at all levels, highly reputed in China. It is among the first batch of 61 pilot colleges and universities to conduct the Education and Development Plan for Outstanding Engineers initiated by the Ministry of Education. About 200 projects carried out by HFUT students have been funded by the National University Student Innovation Program.
In 2013, the university had an annual research funding in sciences of over RMB 447 Million. Total number of applications for invention patents was 357, of which 204 have been licensed. 82 computer software patents were granted. In recent years, HFUT won 5 national science-and-technology-related awards, and 19 first prizes at the ministerial or provincial level.
HFUT is actively pursuing connections with leading institutions through academic partnerships with universities worldwide. By supporting a wide range of collaborative activities including faculty and student exchange projects, joint supervision plan and international programs at all levels, HFUT has established academic links with more than 30 universities around the world, such as Ohio State University in U.S.A. Meanwhile, hundreds of international students from over 30 countries and regions are studying at HFUT.
Schools and Colleges in HFUT
- School of Marxism
- School of Electronic Science and Applied Physics
- Technician College of Hefei University and Technology
- College of Continuing Education
- Department of Sports and Physical Education
- School of Microelectronics
- School of Foreign Languages
- School of Mathematics
- School of Software
- School of Traffic and Transportation Engineering
- School of Civil Engineering
- School of Management
- School of Computer Science and Information Engineering
- School of Materials Science & Engineering
- School of Architecture and Arts
- School of Economics
- School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering
- School of Biotechnology and Food Engineering
- School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- School of Electrical Engineering and Automation
- School of Resources and Environmental Engineering
- Miao Wei - Minister of Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People's Republic of China
- Ning jizhe - Minister of National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China
- Ni Yuefeng - Minister of General Administration Customs (the People's Republic of China )
- Zhong Ziran - Director of Geological Survey of China
- Ye Qing - Chairman of China Shenhua Group
- Zhu Yicai - Chairman of China Yurun Group
- Zhaojianguo - Chairman of China Huadian Corporation
- Xie Biao - Chairman of CMEC
- Zhang Wei - Chairman of CHINA JIKAN RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING INVESTIGATIONS AND DESIGN
- Li Fusheng - Chairman of China Xuji Corporation
- Chen Weinong - Chairman of China Automotive Technology&Research Center
- Yin Tengyue - CEO/Chairman of Chery Automobile Co., Ltd.
- liu Hanru - CEO/Chairman of HUALINGXINGMA Group
- Xiao Zhenghai - CEO/Chairman of Anhui Quanchai Group
- Feng Xin - CEO of Storm group Limited by Share Ltd
- Xi GuoHua - was the chairman of Chinamobile Group /was the Vice Minister of Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People's Republic of China